Monday, January 14, 2013

Amber's Journey - Silence isn't golden

I have often been told that I am “Too Nice.”  I disagree.  Having the ability to walk away from a fight does not mean that I am nice, nor does it mean that my heart is where it should be.
This week, it is my goal to awaken every morning with a Thankful Heart.  God has been so good to me and I don’t thank Him nearly enough.  I am also praying that God would help me to see the needs of the hurting and be able to speak life into people.  Walking away from a fight might make someone think twice, but if we speak curses in our minds and not pray for them, what’s the point?  I am also praying that God changes my heart.  If put in a negative situation, I want to be able to speak openly and honestly to the person out of love… NOT Sarcasm.
When you are cussed out by a stranger at a gas station, or someone cuts in front of you in the grocery isle, it’s not easy to speak out of love.  I am good at walking away, but I need to be better at speaking out and praying for the hurting people around me.
Psalms 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment