Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Amber's Journey - A piece of my story

Third Day wrote a song that really hits home with me.  The words actually felt like they were telling my story.

Well, late one night, she started to cry and thought, "He ain't coming home"
She was tired of the lies, tired of the fight, but she didn't want to see him go
She fell on her knees and said, "I haven't prayed since I was young
But Lord above, I need a miracle."

I prayed so many prayers that sounded almost exactly like that during my marriage.  I prayed, but I didn't expect God to actually deliver.  God did deliver, a miracle I didn't expect.  I was released from my marriage.  I'm not going into details at this time, but I had Biblical grounds for divorce long before I was released from my marriage.  I am not an advocate of divorce, many people think that divorcees believe in divorce, but that's not necesarily true.  I'm an advocate for marriage.  I believe God intended for us to live life with a partner.  There are times and situations where I think God recognizes that we need to be set free, and sometimes that means from our marriage.  I have since learned that praying for a miracle, may not end with the miracle I wanted, or didn't dare expect. 

Well no matter who you are and no matter what you've done
There will come a time when you can't make it on your own
And in your hour of desperation
Know you're not the only one
Prayin', "Lord Above, I need a miracle
I need a miracle."

Remember, you NEVER, have to go the road alone.  No matter where you are or what you are going through, God is there. and He knows what you need better than you do.

*I do not own any rights to the song "I Need A Miracle" by Third Day.*

No comments:

Post a Comment