Sunday, September 9, 2018

Amber's Journey - Meet Me, Amber

So, I had big plans for this blog a few years ago... Those plans fell flat, but I am back and ready to try again.

I am a mom first and foremost. Over the last few years, my DS received a diagnosis of Autism followed by an additional diagnosis of Dysregulated Mood Disorder (a precursor diagnosis to Bipolar). The challenges that come with these diagnoses are just that - challenges. I will share some of these with you. Even when I layout the raw emotional journey, know that I would not trade my life for anything. God has a plan for my DS's life, and I would do anything to help nurture him and guide him to become the man God intends for him to become.

The diagnoses led to changes in our lives, including the switch to full-time homeschooling. My DS was struggling socially and emotionally in public school, refusing to attend class while still making A's and B's on his assignments. Lots of prayer went into the decision to homeschool. My parents were in agreement and my ex-husband was in agreement, so I turned in my resignation and left my teaching position as a high school English teacher.

Teaching is my passion. More specifically, teaching upper-level English is my passion. Walking away from teaching public school put a hole in my heart. I loved creating relationships with my students and watching them grow. My DS's struggles were not the only reason I left, my own health issues contributed as well. I truly felt that resigning from my job was what God was leading me to do, but I had to walk in complete faith in the hopes that God would make a way. One of the most amazing new adventures God has set before me has been the opportunity to teach high school English again, this time to homeschool students. I am beyond excited!

Parenting, teaching, health, diet, faith, and anything going on in our lives may become the topic of discussion for blogs. I hope anyone reading will join us for this crazy journey that God has set forth. There may be tears of joy and tears of pain, but there will be camaraderie, there will certainly be raw emotion, and there will be growth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment